In my three years working in India, DWP has worked in a variety of areas supporting individuals and entire communities.
- Over 4500 people given free access to Doctors and free medicine at DWP funded health camps.
- 179 people blood tested for HIV/Aids
- 10 sessions of kidney dialysis funded for patients
- 3000 meals & snacks served (hospitals, health camps, slums)
- 61 slum children from the Saki Naka pipline slum given 1 year sponsorships.
- 12 cataract operations.
- Over 150 locals hired and given work on DWP and GCB projects.
- 10 full time local community members (8 women) given full time employment.
- 4 part time staff. (4 local women)
- 400 children have taken part in DWP’s free sports tournaments.
- 60 bed orphange in Jaipur, had their medicine stock filled
- 6 emergency surgeries funded
- Over 250 individual medical cases helped with, from simple blood tests to life saving surgeries.
- Women’s vocational training & employment centre built and supported by DWP in the Saki Naka slum.
- 1 free school/community center funded and built in the Saki Naka slum, Mumbai
- A 200 x 20 mtr garbage dump was transformed into a sports and green space for the Saki Naka slum community in March 2011. DWP’s biggest project to date.
- 100 street people given plastic tarps to prepare for the monsoon season
Numerous smaller, individual projects were funded as well.(birthday parties for slum children, train tickets for families.)
Be inspired to do your own volunteering or become a donor.